This 1971 Model MG MGB Roadster cam in looking ok but had some blisters in the paintwork and some rust bubbles here and there. What we found during the teardown process was a massive build-up of paint. There was 2 pack over the top of acrylic which is where a lot of the blisters came from. However once stripped completely, we found a lot of rust which was just filled with body filler and painted to hide the issues. We then started a complete restoration. This meant replacing both rear quarter panels, both sills (Inner & Outers) Inner wheel arches, and front guard rust sections.
This was a major restoration. We, started by bracing the door apertures, and floor pan then cut the affected panels off and welded new ones in place. The customer then decided on Flame red for their Colour and decided to replace all the old brightwork while we were at it. In the end, this little MG-B came up a treat. It is as straight as a die and has a new lease on life.
The Client has a love for all things classic. When she came to collect her beautiful little MGB she was literally in tears. What a great experience.
- Strip vehicle to a bare shell
- Media blast & reassess
- Brace body to keep structural integrity while repairs are carried out
- Replace weld on panels and repair rust sections
- Replace all body rubbers and seals
- Replace all chrome & brightwork
- Paint Engine
- Repaint and colour change
- Hydro Dip Dash in Wood Grain
- MG Flame Red
- DNA Custom Paints Virtual Chrome for windscreen frame